We all know that “Content Is King” .But what is content marketing? It is a marketing technique of creating and distributing valuable content. The main objective is driving profitable customer actions. You can promote Content through Infographics, Web Pages, Books, Podcasts, and Videos. But why do I need to use a strategy for marketing content?
7 Best Tips For Content Marketing Strategy
What’s the point of good content if it cannot be seen? Good content helps to build the reputation of your brand and it brings new leads to your site in an affordable way. Here are some strategies to market your content.
When you develop content, you should do it keeping your audience in mind. For that, you need to understand the preferences of your audience. You can do it by surveys, and by research. Your Audience won’t fit into a single category. So you can develop a buyer persona that can fit most of your primary audience and secondary audience.
Once you understand your audience, you should place yourself in their shoes. Know what are they searching for when they consult your product or service? List basic keywords surrounding your brand, and their variations. Think of all possible terms that can be used for your product. Once you have these keywords, integrate them into your content. This will
- Increase your SEO rank and generates more organic traffic.
- Your audience can figure out whether they found what they are looking for or not.
- It establishes your brand as an authority in your niche.
KNOW YOUR GOALS AND MISSION
Setting a content marketing mission statement is a good beginning. This is a brief statement that focuses on what is essential and what is not in creating your content.
A content marketing mission statement outlines:
- The target audience
- The content used to reach them
- The advantages they get.
The KPI’s(key performance indicators) notifies when you have achieved your goals by providing milestones you can check off including your achievement in terms of revenue, sales, traffic, SEO, traffic, and different aspects of digital marketing like email marketing and social media metrics. Big companies hire Digital Marketing Expert for monitoring all this.
Consistency is the key to know whether your content strategy is effective y. If you make one post per month on Facebook, don’t be surprised if your page isn’t growing very quickly. Develop a content schedule and stick to it.
ANALYZE YOUR RESULTS
No matter what the frequency of your content uploading, track the results. This includes monitoring view and click rates, reading customer comments and responses, or even tracking e-commerce stats regarding your content releases. Data tracking allows you to analyze the results of your content marketing efforts and learn what’s effective and what isn’t.
MORE CREATION WITH LESS
There are already many contents out there and you don’t want to contribute your share to the ever-rising heap. Here’s what you can do.
- Recreating: Give content a quick remix which includes updating some still-relevant content with new information, turning an infographic into an animated video, or republishing content so it’s front and center for users to see.
- Curetting content: A lot of great content is out there already. Curate content from trusted sources, make sure to give credit where credit’s due, and don’t forget to include your own perspective on the content piece.
- User-generated content (UGC): for additional content ideas and pieces interact with your customers or your social community
- Atomization: Take one huge piece of content and break it down into smaller pieces of content.
It is good to research but a little bit of experimentation with your content marketing isn’t bad. Be updated on new trends, or ask the audience about what they would like to see. But don’t forget to track your results so you can revisit and add something new as part of your successful content marketing strategy